This site is no longer being maintained, unfortunately.
Most of the pages haven't been modified for years.
for the only part of this site
that is being kept up to date.
bottom of page
previous episode |
list of episodes |
- Production Date:
- Apr 91
- Broadcast Date:
- ?? ??? 91
- Running Time:
- 12:31 + 13:37 = 26:08
- ``Aunt Mafalda''
- ``Relative Terror''
- Plot Synopsis:
- When Janet's sister, the touchy-feely Aunt Mafalda,
visits from the Great White North (Canada),
Clarissa tries to figure out a way to shorten her stay.
- Clarissa, Ferguson, and Sam team up in a some supernatural hijinks.
- Opening Scene:
- ``Listen. You can't run! You can't hide!
Your parents won't let you destroy it. Your only chance:
Get ready for Aunt Mafalda!''
/ Two kinds of monsters: cranky and truly scary.
- Closing Line:
- ``That's the one thing about horror movies I hate:
there's always a sequel!''
[Then she says to the floating urn:
``Knock it off, Uncle Owen. Get an afterlife!'']
- Other Cut-away Segments:
- Computer Stuff:
- ``Nightmare on Shadow Lane'' computer simulation.
- Sam's Entrances:
- ``Sam, I wouldn't stick around if I were you.''
``Where's all your stuff?''
- [Sam speaks first:] ``Psst! Hey!'' ``Oh, hang on. I'll see if it's safe.''
- Names for Ferguson:
- Ferguson (to Marshall)
- my baby brother
- the devil
- Marshall's Designs:
- Janet's Work:
- Tim Burns
- Maureen Thorp
- Guest Players:
- Heather Mac Rae as Aunt Mafalda
- Opening Credits:
- Closing Credits:
Created By Mitchell Kriegman
Guest Starring As Aunt Mafalda Heather Mac Rae
Produced By Mitchell Kriegman
Story Editor Mitchell Kriegman
Written By Tim Burns
Director Maureen Thorp
Line Producer Sarah Condon
Associate Producer Chris Gifford
Theme Song Performed By Rachel Sweet
Music Composed By Rachel Sweet
Production Design Byron Taylor
Lighting Director Dick Weiss
Costume Designer Lisa Lederer
Creative Consultant Alexa Junge
Production Manager Jim Moroney
Unit Manager Jacqueline Davies
Art Director David Ellis
Associate Director Richard Steir
Casting Rich Ross
Talent Coordinator Todd Denkin
Stage Manager Hank Neimark
Post Production Supervisor Donick Cary
Technical Director John M. Lutz
Technical Manager Tim Rounds
Audio Mark Schultz
Video Pete McIntyre
Cameras Rudy Carames
Boom Operators Mark Deadman
Bob Van Dorn
Lighting Board Operator Sean Mallon
Video Tape Lonnie Blackburn
Utility Steve Bunnell
Paintbox Artist St. Mars
Editor Richard Anthony Fernandes
Offline Editor Keith Bozarth
Post Production Sound Mixer Grant Maxwell
Post Production Coordinator Cynthia Albanese
Chyron Francie Elikan
Electricians Dale Fabiani
Make Up Liz Spang
Hair Tish Simpson
Wardrobe Supervisor Jackie Lafler
Wardrobe Assistant Megan Hart
Property Master Deborah Witt
Props Steve Clark
Stagehands Ed McMillan
Production Coordinator Randy Koshinskie
Continuity Margo Kent
Video Game Created By Tim Burns
Additional Music By Dan Vitco
Incidental Music Roma Baran
Children's Education Provided By On Location Education
Special Thanks To Jen Mac Industries
Supervising Producer Bill Aiken
Executive Producers Brown Johnson
(C) 1991 MTV Networks
- Character Names:
- Aunt Mafalda, Janet's sister
- Uncle Owen, deceased husband of Aunt Mafalda
- Real-World References:
theory of relativity,
``Amazing Discoveries'' (TV infomercial),
Milk of Magnesia,
The People's Court,
The Amityville Horror
(``the house in Amityville'' / ``Get out!''),
Sadie Hawkins (Dance),
``The Monster Mash''.
- Lyrics and Poetry:
- Sam sings a little of ``How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?'':
How much is that doggie in the window?
And the theme to Oklahoma!:
O-o-o-oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
Oklahoma, and the wavin' wheat can sure...
- Sour cream, tea, beer, carrot (``carrot-top''), spaghetti, ketchup,
cauliflower, poultry (``poultrygeist''), peanuts,
sugar (Aunt Mafalda calls Uncle Owen this), corn syrup.
- Favorite Lines:
- ``Frankenstein is afraid of sparklers and likes little kids --
kind of reminds me of Mom.'' - Clarissa
- ``It's too bad they don't sell silver bullets to minors.'' - Clarissa
- ``Ugh.'' - Clarissa
- ``She called my dad `Marty'??'' - Clarissa
- Ferguson: ``It was a ghost.''
Janet: ``A ghost?''
Marshall: ``Just one?''
- ``Tell the spirit this is an expensive table!'' - Janet
- ``I'll be back!'' - Aunt Mafalda
- Favorite Scenes:
- Clarissa prepares for Aunt Mafalda's arrival in the opening scene
- Clarissa's defense department report just before Aunt Mafalda arrives
- Aunt Mafalda meets Sam
- Other good stuff:
- Weak Points and Mistakes:
- Part of Clarissa's ``theory of relativity'' is
to put ``large, heavy-density items'' in front of the door.
She actually tries this in
``The Return of Mafalda'' (#118),
but it doesn't keep Aunt Mafalda out of her room.
DYN: Recurring phrases,
for other appearances of the Theory of Relativity in CEIA.)
- Clarissa and Ferguson cooperate to try to get rid of Aunt Mafalda
in this episode.
DYN: Various lists
for other instances of Clarissa and Ferguson cooperating.
- At the beginning of the seance scene, when Heather Mac Rae (Aunt Mafalda)
is pulling out her chair to sit down,
she accidentally looks into the camera.
At the end of the episode, of course, she intentionally
looks into the camera as she says, ``I'll be back.''
DYN: Various lists
for other instances of characters other than Clarissa
speaking directly to the camera.)
Her return in
``The Return of Mafalda'' (#118)
makes good on this promise.
top of page
Info Archives /
CEIA Episode Pages
CEIA: ``Bully'' (#107)
CEIA: ``Clarissa News Network'' (#105)
Donald Lancon Jr
Page content last modified:
Sat, Aug 1, 1998