This site is no longer being maintained, unfortunately.
Most of the pages haven't been modified for years.
for the only part of this site
that is being kept up to date.
bottom of page
previous episode |
list of episodes |
- Production Date:
- Jan 92
- Broadcast Date:
- 23 Feb 92
- Running Time:
- 11:31 + 12:45 = 24:16
- Cheeky magazine episode
- ``Cooperate for a Car''
- ``A Wonderful Relationship''
- Plot Synopsis:
- Clarissa bends the truth a bit and wins ``Cheeky'' magazine's
``My Bro, What a Guy'' essay contest;
but before she can collect the grand prize -- a new car --
she actually has to be nice to Ferguson in front of the magazine's editor.
- Janet and Marshall are going to a ``Body by Basil'' aerobics class.
- Opening Scene:
- ``They say that honestly is the best policy,
but I say the world would be an awful place without little white lies.''
/ What if everyone were totally honest all the time?
- Closing Line:
- ``Telling the truth does have its advantages. Right, nerd-pie?''
[Then Ferguson responds, ``Stuff it, ooze-head!'' --
see ``Ferg'' field below for the rest of the exchange.]
- Other Cut-away Segments:
- a frightening vision of Janet and Marshall 15 years in the future
- Computer Stuff:
- ``Ferg-Fly'' computer game
- Sam's Entrances:
- ``Hi, Sam.'' ``Where is it?''
- ``Hi, Sam.'' ``For you...'' [carrying car seat covers]
- Names for Ferguson:
- my dear, dear brother
The exchange in front of Jill:
Ferguson: ????-face! Clarissa: Barf-brain!
Ferguson: Dork-breath! Clarissa: Geek!
The exchange at the end of the episode:
Clarissa: Right, nerd-pie? Ferguson: Stuff it, ooze-head!
Clarissa: Slug-breath! Ferguson: Wart-lips!
Clarissa: Amoeba brain! Ferguson: That's one more cell than you!
Clarissa: Teenage mutant ninja moron! Ferguson: Dork-????
Clarissa: Creepazoid! Ferguson: Barf-brain!
Clarissa: Fish-face! Ferguson: Squid-lips!
Jill's names for Ferguson:
- Mr. Freckles
- Marshall's Designs:
- Janet's Work:
- Mollie Fermaglich
- Chuck Vinson
- Guest Players:
- Patricia Scanlon as Jill [``Cheeky'' editor]
- Opening Credits:
- Closing Credits:
- Character Names:
- Jill, ``Cheeky'' magazine editor
- Real-World References:
- ``You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar''
- ``They'' [unattributed]
- Lyrics and Poetry:
- Favorite Lines:
- ``A girl's gotta plan for her future.'' - Clarissa
- ``The contest was not `My Bro, What a Tool.' '' - Sam
- ``Ferguson, that means Mickey's little hand is on the one.''
- Clarissa [baby-talk style]
- ``I know fun, Janet. I had some once. This isn't it.'' - Marshall
- Favorite Scenes:
- Syrup-in-the-lap scene in the kitchen
- Other good stuff:
- Weak Points and Mistakes:
- Notice how in the ``Famous Sibling Relationships'' sequence
Clarissa and Ferguson play two brothers (Cain and Abel),
a brother and sister (Hansel and Gretel),
and two (step-)sisters (Cinderella and her step-sister)?
Interesting symmetry there...
- The ``L''-against-the-forehead ``loser'' thing Jill does in this episode
was also used in at least one episode of the Nickelodeon show
- Clarissa and Ferguson cooperate in this episode to try and win a car
and then to get rid of Jill.
DYN: Various lists
for other instances of them cooperating.
- This is the first time Clarissa ``baby-talks'',
saying, ``Ferguson, that means Mickey's little hand is on the one.''
DYN: Various lists
for other examples of ``baby-talk'' in CEIA.
- Aunt Doherny appears in the opening scene of this episode.
DYN: Other connections between episodes
for a list of her other appearances.
- What cartoon is Ferguson watching in the ``gift-giving'' scene?
It's not Ren & Stimpy,
which was used (audio only) in
``No T.V.'' (#103).
top of page
Info Archives /
CEIA Episode Pages
CEIA: ``Sam Darling'' (#116)
CEIA: ``Clarissa's Crush'' (#114)
Donald Lancon Jr
Page content last modified:
Sat, Aug 1, 1998